Emirates Citibank Platinum Card
Your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card brings the world closer, sooner
The Emirates Citibank Platinum Card is the perfect companion for every world traveller. Awarded a 5 star CANSTAR rating for Outstanding Value^ - this card is packed with premium travel rewards and complimentary benefits.
Apply now and new cardholders can take advantage of our special introductory offer of 15,000 bonus Skywards Miles1.
You'll receive a generous earn rate of 1.5 Skywards Miles per $1 spent. New earn rate as at 1 May 20142. Plus, enjoy the convenience of having the Miles automatically transferred into your Skywards account each month2.
Enjoy additional benefits, such as complimentary Emirates lounge access3, complimentary Emirates chauffeur-drive to and from the airport4 and complimentary Insurance benefits5.
You will also enjoy a free bottle of award winning wine every time you dine and use your Citibank card to pay at partner restaurants6.
Apply online now to enjoy more of the world with the Emirates Citibank Platinum Card.
Suitable if you'd like:
- One complimentary chauffeur driven ride per year to and from the airport when flying Emirates4
- One complimentary lounge pass (for two) per year for any Emirates Lounge in Australia when flying Emirates3
- Freedom to redeem Skywards Miles on flights with Emirates and their partner airlines, as well as at affiliated hotels, car rental businesses and luxury merchandise from The Emirates High Street8
Best in class offer
- Receive 15,000 bonus Skywards Miles1 when you first spend on your card
- Enjoy 1.5 Skywards Miles per $1 spent with your Miles automatically transferred to your Skywards account each month2. Effective 1 May 2014, earn rates will revert to 1 Skyward Mile per $1 spent in Australia, 1.5 Skyward Miles per $1 spent internationally, and 2 Skyward Miles per $1 on Emirates spend2.
- Free wine every time you dine with the Citibank Dining Program.
- Complimentary International Travel Insurance and Transit Accident Insurance5
- 3.9% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers9, reverts to the Cash Advance rate thereafter
- Platinum Concierge to provide you with information and assistance for both business and pleasure from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Up to 25% off at various retail outlets with Citibank World Privileges10.
|Minimum Income Requirement||$35,000 p.a.|
|Additional Cardholders||Up to 4|
|Additional Cardholder Minimum Age||16|
Manage your Account
For more information on the fees and charges involved with any Citibank Credit Card, view the Citibank Fees and Charges here.
To find out how interest is calculated and charged, download Your guide to understanding interest on your Citibank Credit Card (Adobe PDF, 77.6kb).
|Citi Miles Program2||1.5 Citi Miles per $1 spent on retail purchases (automatically converted into Skywards Miles and transferred to your Skywards account). New earn rate as at May 1 20142.|
|Skywards Frequent Flyer||1 Citi Mile = 1 Skywards Mile|
|Citibank Dining Program||Free wine every time you dine with the Citibank Dining Program.|
|Citibank World Privileges10||Get up to 25% off special offers through Citibank World Privileges|
|Personal 24 Hour Concierge Services
Enjoy the privilege and convenience of a Personal Concierge to provide you with information and assistance for both business and pleasure. This service can recommend a restaurant in New York, book theatre tickets in London and arrange flowers or last-minute gifts for family and friends. They will take care of the little things, so you can look after the big ones. With Emirates Citi Platinum you can use the Personal Concierge from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Yes, please call 1800 460 743|
|Special Offers and Discounts with MasterCard Privileges and Priceless Sydney13||Indulge in a large range of local and global experiences across dining, travel, retail and entertainment, with offers handpicked for MasterCard Platinum cardholders.|
Peace of mind
|Complimentary International Travel Insurance5||Yes|
|Complimentary Transit Accident Insurance5||Yes|
|Complimentary Purchase Cover Insurance5||$200,000|
|Complimentary Extended Warranty Insurancee5||Yes|
|Complimentary Guaranteed Pricing Scheme5||Yes|
|Emergency card replacement||Yes|
|24/7 Customer Service||Yes|
Applying for a Citibank Credit Card is simple. The application process should take less than 10 minutes to complete if you have all your personal information ready. You will receive a response in 60 seconds after submitting the form.
Please refer to the How to Apply page for further information.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Citi Miles Program FAQ
The Citi Miles Program is a rewards program offered by Citibank for Emirates Citibank Platinum cardholders, where 1.5 Citi Miles are earned for every $1 spent on retail purchases (up to 150,000 miles per annum from the date of application). Effective 1 May 2014, earn rates will revert to 1 Skyward Mile per $1 spent in Australia, 1.5 Skyward Miles per $1 spent internationally, and 2 Skyward Miles per $1 on Emirates spend.
The Citi Miles are automatically transferred to your Skywards account at the end of each statement cycle, becoming Skywards Miles (1 Citi Mile =1 Skywards Mile). Once transferred, the Skywards Miles can be used to redeem flights (domestic or international on Emirates and its partner airlines), hotels stays or products from The Emirates High Street.
At the end of your statement cycle, the number of Miles earned from retail purchases are calculated using the conversion rate of 1.5 Citi Miles for each $1 spent. Effective 1 May 2014, earn rates will revert to 1 Skyward Mile per $1 spent in Australia. The Citi Miles earned will be transferred into Skywards Miles and credited to your Skywards account within 15 days after the close of the statement cycle. Citi Miles can only be transferred at the end of your statement cycle.
Yes. In order for Citi to transfer Skywards Miles to your Skywards account, you must provide us with your Skywards membership number either on your application form when applying for your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card or by calling CitiPhone on 1800 460 743. To apply for Skywards membership or to view the full terms and conditions, please visit www.skywards.com. Membership is free.
Skywards Miles may only be transferred to the primary cardholder's Skywards account regardless of who purchased the retail transactions.
Skywards Miles can be redeemed for
- International flights
- Emirates offers direct flights to many cities across Asia, Europe and New Zealand, including flying to 22 destinations in Europe from Australia (6 of these within the UK). Redemption rates are highly competitive versus other airlines. Please visit http://www.skywards.com/Mileage_Calculator.aspx to view the redemption rates for Emirates flights.
- In addition, Skywards Miles can also be used to redeem for international flights with other Skywards partners. For more details, please visit www.skywards.com
- Hotels and tours
- Skywards Miles can also be redeemed with hotels, car rentals and other leisure and lifestyle partners.
- The Emirates High Street4
- The Emirates High Street is an exciting new offering that allows Skywards members to use their Skywards Miles to purchase products and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. There is something for everyone - from Lego toys for the kids, to a Frauscher Motor Yacht for yourself. What's more, purchases can be delivered to any one of more than 60 countries across the globe.
- For added convenience, you can make purchases using Skywards Miles, cash (with your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card) or a combination of Miles and cash
- Simply visit www.emirateshighstreet.com to see what's on offer. If you don't have online access, you can call 1300 766 116 for help with your purchase.
Flights, Hotels and Tours
To redeem your Skywards Miles log onto your Skywards account at www.skywards.com and follow the instructions.
The Emirates High Street
Visit The Emirates High Street website at www.skywards.com View the products on offer and choose the one you would like. To choose payment options (cash, cash plus Miles, Miles only) click the "calculate" link which will appear next to each product's photo and also on the screen when you click "add to shopping cart". If you opt to use cash plus Miles or Miles only, when you check out, the website will prompt you to enter your Skywards membership number and the applicable Skywards Miles will be deducted from your Skywards account as payment.
For all other queries relating to Skywards, please call the Service Centre on 1300 555 551.
The special features of the card include Emirates Lounge access, and chauffeur-driven transfers.
Each Emirates Citibank Platinum Cardholder is automatically provided one complimentary Emirates Lounge Voucher per year for the Primary Cardholder and one guest to access any Emirates Lounge in Australia when travelling on the same Emirates flight that you have purchased with your Emirates Citibank Platinum card.
Entry to the Emirates Lounge in Australia prior to your Emirates flight will be granted upon presentation of a valid voucher for the Cardholder and their guest. Emirates Lounges are administered by Emirates and/or third parties for Emirates.
Chauffeur-driven transfers to and from Australian airports for Emirates Citibank customers travelling in economy class on an Emirates flight is restricted to once per annum on purchasing an Emirates long-haul flight with your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card.
Maximum capacity per car is 2 adults, with total luggage limit of two suitcases plus one carry-on bag. Additional charges apply if a larger vehicle or infant car seat is required. Excludes Trans Tasman flights, Skywards Miles redemption tickets, travel industry tickets and group bookings.
Mileage restrictions apply for details visit www.emirates.com/au.
This service must be booked at least 72 hours prior to departure by calling Emirates on 1300 303 777.
The Emirates Citibank Platinum Cardholder must be travelling on the booked flight to be eligible for the complimentary chauffer drive service.
Chauffeur-drive is provided by Emirates and their authorised third parties to Emirates Citibank Platinum Cardholders. Citibank accepts no liability for this service.
No, the Citi Miles Program and the Citibank Rewards Program are two separate programs. Skywards Miles, Citi Miles and Citibank Reward Points are not combinable or transferable.
Emirates currently operates 86 flights per week from five cities in Australia to Dubai - Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. As one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, Emirates now flies to over 130 destinations worldwide across six continents including New Zealand, Asia, the Middle East and over 30 destinations in Europe. With one of the youngest fleets in the sky, Emirates is among the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly airlines. Complementing this modern fleet is a highly trained, international cabin crew, delivering a service that is designed to pamper you from the moment your journey begins.To learn more about Emirates, please visit the Emirates website at emirates.com/au
About Emirates Skywards
Emirates Skywards, the award-winning frequent flyer programme from Emirates, offers four tiers of membership - Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum - with each membership tier providing exclusive privileges. Skywards Miles are earned when flying Emirates or any of its partner airlines, on retail purchases with your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card and when transacting with other Emirates Skywards partners. Skywards Miles can be redeemed for an amazing range of rewards. Emirates Skywards redemption rates for return reward flights include:
- New Zealand from 36,000 Skywards Miles
- South East Asia from 45,000 Skywards Miles
- Europe from 96,000 Skywards Miles
To learn more about Emirates Skywards and to apply for membership, please visit www.emirates.com. Membership is free.
Fees and charges apply. Terms and Conditions apply and are available upon request. Credit criteria apply.
^ The Emirates Citibank Platinum Card was awarded CANSTAR 5 star Outstanding Value in the Big Spender category in 2012.
For the Emirates Citibank Platinum Card, you will be charged an Annual Primary Cardholder Fee of $229, and an Annual Additional Cardholder Fee of $90 for each Additional Emirates Citibank Platinum Card. Please allow up to 15 days to process your Application subject to verification. Offer ends 31 March 2014.
- To be eligible for the 15,000 bonus Skywards Miles, you must apply for your Emirates Citibank Platinum Credit Card before 31 March 2014 and spend on your card within three months of card approval. Cash advances, balance transfers and special promotions are excluded from this offer. Up to 150,000 Miles can be earned per annum on the card (from the date of account approval). A Cardholder must provide their Skywards membership number to Citibank in order for the Skyward Miles transfer to occur.
- An Emirates Citibank Platinum cardholder must be a member of Skywards Frequent Flyer Program to earn Skywards Miles. Membership is free and subject to Skywards terms and conditions. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers and Special Promotions are excluded from this offer. Skyward Miles are currently earned at a rate of 1.5 miles for every dollar spent on Retail Purchases. Effective 1 May 2014, earn rates will revert to 1 Skyward Mile per $1 spent in Australia, 1.5 Skyward Miles per $1 spent internationally, and 2 Skyward Miles per $1 on Emirates spend. Emirates Spend means airline tickets purchased via emirates.com. Up to 150,000 Miles can be earned per annum on the card from the date of account approval. A Cardholder must provide their Skywards membership number to Citibank in order for the Skyward Miles transfer to occur. Miles are transferred to Cardholder's Skywards account at the end of each statement cycle. Please allow up to 15 days from the end of your statement cycle for miles to be credited into your Skywards account.
- Each Emirates Citibank Platinum Cardholder is automatically provided one complimentary Emirates Lounge Voucher per year for the Primary Cardholder and one guest to access any Emirates Lounge in Australia when travelling on the same Emirates Operated Flight that you have purchased with your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card. Entry to the Emirates Lounge in Australia prior to your Emirates Operated Flight will be granted upon presentation of a valid voucher for the Cardholder and their guest. The guest voucher can be used for one accompanying adult or one child only. Additional guest entry will not be permitted. Emirates Lounges are administered by Emirates and/or third parties for Emirates. Citibank accepts no liability for this benefit.
- Chauffeur-driven transfers to and from Australian airports for Emirates Citibank customers travelling in Economy Class on an Emirates Operated Flight is restricted to once per calendar year on purchasing an Emirates operated long-haul flight with your Emirates Citibank Platinum Card by the primary card holder. Maximum capacity per car is 2 adults, with total luggage limit of two suitcases plus one carry-on bag. Additional charges apply if a larger vehicle or infant car seat is required. Excludes Trans Tasman flights, Skywards Miles redemption tickets, travel industry tickets and group bookings. Mileage restrictions apply for details visit www.emirates.com/au. This service must be booked at least 72 hours prior to departure by calling Emirates on 1300 303 777. The Emirates Citibank Platinum Cardholder must be travelling on the booked flight to be eligible for the complimentary chauffer drive service. Chauffeur-drive is provided by Emirates and their authorised third parties to Emirates Citibank Platinum Credit Cardholders. Citibank accepts no liability for this service.
- International Travel Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance, Transit Accident Insurance, Purchase Cover and Guaranteed Pricing Scheme are provided automatically to cardholders under a master agreement between Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL No. 232507 and Citigroup Pty Limited, and are subject to Terms and Conditions and exclusions available at www.citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance. An excess applies to Purchase Cover Insurance.
- Please visit citibank.com.au/dining for important information about how to use this program to receive a free bottle of wine.
- Based on redemption rates as of November 2013 for a return Economy Class, Skywards Saver Reward flight, excluding taxes from Australia (East).
- The Emirates High Street is a rewards program offered by Emirates and subject to the terms and conditions specified by Emirates. For more information, please visit www.emirateshighstreet.com
- Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 3.9% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer at point of application, for a period of 9 months. The 9 month promotional period commences once balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will revert to the Annual Percentage Rate or Cash Advances, currently 21.24% p.a. The current Annual Percentage Rate for retail purchases is 20.99% p.a. Interest rates are variable and subject to change. The interest rates are current as at 1 April 2013. Current Citibank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for this introductory offer.
- Payment must be made using an Emirates Citibank Platinum Card. Discounts on accommodation and dining available at participating outlets. Privileges cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or offers. Citibank and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. Refer to www.citiworldprivileges.com for up-to-date offer details.
- The maximum 55 days interest free period applies when you pay your balance off in full for two consecutive months. If you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the 55 days interest free period does not apply and you are charged interest once you make a purchase. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or Balance Transfers.
- Actual credit limit will be assigned based on our credit criteria, your credit rating, and subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $35,000 per year. Credit limit is up to $30,000 at point of initial approval. Over time, you may apply to increase your credit limit up to $100,000, if you satisfy our credit criteria.
- Exclusive offers and discounts supplied by MasterCard. Visit mastercard.com.au/privileges or PricelessSydney.com.au for details.
© 2013 Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian credit licence 238098 ("Citibank") is the credit provider and issuer of the Emirates Citibank Platinum Card ("Credit Card").